In bold: Publicly listed holdings
Percentages denote equity interest as at December 31, 2022, unless otherwise noted.
(1) Great-West Lifeco (Lifeco), through Canada Life, holds a 3.9% interest in IGM Financial (IGM), and IGM holds a 4.0% interest in Lifeco.
(2) At December 31, 2022, IGM also held a 13.9% interest in ChinaAMC. On January 12, 2023, Power Corporation and IGM completed a transaction in which the interest in ChinaAMC was combined under IGM. IGM’s interest in ChinaAMC is now 27.8%. In a separate agreement, IGM sold approximately 15.2 million common shares of Lifeco, representing a 1.6% interest in Lifeco, to Power Financial. Refer to the section “China Asset Management Company, Ltd. (ChinaAMC)” of the Corporation’s most recent MD&A.
(3) Representing 100% of the voting interests.
(4) Represents a 49.9% non-controlling voting interest. The interest in Northleaf is held through an acquisition vehicle in which IGM holds an 80% equity interest and Lifeco holds a 20% equity interest.
(5) Held through Parjointco, a jointly controlled corporation (50%). Parjointco has a 44.0% voting interest in Groupe Bruxelles Lambert (GBL). Refer to the GBL page of this website for a list of GBL’s investments.
(6) Includes a controlling interest in Portage Ventures I, Portage Ventures II, Portage Ventures III and Wealthsimple, held through Power Financial, Lifeco and IGM.
(7) Refer to the section “Alternative Asset Investment Platforms” of the Corporation’s most recent MD&A for a list of investments held by each investment platform.