In bold: Publicly listed holdings
Percentages denote equity interest as at September 30, 2022, unless otherwise noted.
(1) Canada Life holds a 3.9% interest in IGM Financial (IGM), and IGM holds a 4.0% interest in Great-West Lifeco (Lifeco).
(2) IGM also holds a 13.9% interest in ChinaAMC. On January 5, 2022, the Corporation and IGM entered into an agreement under which the interest in ChinaAMC will be consolidated at IGM. In a separate agreement, IGM will sell approximately 15.2 million common shares of Lifeco, representing a 1.6% interest in Lifeco, to Power Financial. Refer to the section “ChinaAMC” of the Corporation’s most recent MD&A.
(3) Representing 100% of the voting interests.
(4) Represents a 49.9% non-controlling voting interest. The interest in Northleaf is held through an acquisition vehicle in which IGM holds an 80% equity interest and Lifeco holds a 20% equity interest.
(5) Held through Parjointco, a jointly controlled corporation (50%). Parjointco has a 44.3% voting interest in Groupe Bruxelles Lambert (GBL). Refer to the GBL page of this website for a list of GBL’s investments.
(6) Includes a controlling interest in Portage I, Portage II, Portage III and Wealthsimple, held through Power Financial, Lifeco and IGM.
(7) Refer to the section “Alternative Asset Investment Platforms” of the Corporation’s most recent MD&A for a list of investments held by each investment platform.