We are currently recruiting for a Corporate Accountant. We are seeking a qualified, dynamic and dedicated individual to join our team and contribute to the success of our company.
- Manage a team of 2-3 staff accountants;
- Manage the month-end closing process, including participation in preparing and reviewing journal entries, cash entries, investments entries and month-end analysis;
- Participate in the quarter-end closing including preparing notes to the consolidated financial statements;
- Assist in preparation and revision of GST/PST returns on a timely basis;
- Prepare annual statutory financial statements;
- Assist in the preparation of tax packages for tax returns;
- Develop relationships across the organization, including but not limited to treasury, legal and tax;
- Assist in the preparation of material and reports to senior management, the audit committee and the Board;
- Participate in the implementation of process improvements and development of value-added reports;
- Prepare ad hoc analyses as needed.
- Minimum of 6-8 years of relevant experience in corporate accounting;
- University degree and recognized accounting title;
- Strong knowledge of information systems and public company regulations;
- Meticulous and analytical nature;
- Ability to analyse and present financial information in the concise manner to management;
- Detail oriented, self-motivated and organized with good understanding of financial and operational controls;
- Strong ability to solve problems and improve processes;
- Excellent Excel skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Bilingual (French and English), spoken and written.
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter to Julie Laplante at [email protected].